Friday, May 14, 2010

The Unexpected Surprise of May 2010

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to keep everyone up to date because I know my brother posted something on Facebook about me being in the hospital. I was feeling really sick last week and was having a hard time breathing so I went to the doctor. They did an x-ray and found that I had a tumor, surrounded by fluid pressing against one of my lungs, causing it to collapse. When I went to the hospital to figure out how to handle the situation, they did a biopsy on my tumor. While waiting for the results, I had to have more than 2 liters of fluid pumped out of me so that I could regain full use of my collapsed lung. When the biopsy results returned, the doctors had determined that that tumor contains a type of cancer called spindle cell sarcoma. Right now we are trying to figure out the best, and most intelligent way to attack this but nothing has been determined yet. I was released from the hospital today and I am at home and just trying to get settled back in and relax. When I have more information to share, I will update you all. Please keep me in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely in my prayers Shayna! Thanks for starting this blog. I will be praying for a speedy recovery because God is so amazing and I know He can heal you with one snap of His fingers. You are a strong girl and and I know you are gonna kick this cancer's butt!! What ever strength you lack...He will fill the cracks!
    -Erin Kistler

    ReplyDelete